Expert Instructors » Shannon Knauss
This is my website. I hope you enjoy the content.
This page features my resume of experience and qualifications.
"Shannon's big smile & friendly personality & quick sense of humor put our group of beginner's right at ease. She made learning to Swing dance at our company party a whole lot of fun and laughs. I never would have imagined us having a dance-off dance contest after just 45 minutes but it was a hoot!" Gina Wolfe
Available for Private Lessons, Parties, Group Classes, Special Events, Church or Schools, Birthday Parties
Professional Master of Ceremonies for Auctions, Benefits, Galas, or Competitions
Stage or Floor manager/ marshall for Dance Productions, Events and Competitions.
Dance Contest Organizer, Judge, MC
Voice-Over Actress available for Book,TV & Radio Announcing
- Official Zumba Instructor since 2009
- Registered Pro/Am Competitor with the National Dance Council of America 22 years
- Certified Instructor with the National Dance Council of America.
- Certified Associate Degree in International Standard & Latin with Terpsichorean Society. Highly Commended Honors
- Certified Member's Degree in American Style Ballroom with The Terpsichorean Society of Dance Teachers, Highly Commended Honors
- Certified Member's Degree in American Style Rhythm with The Terpsichorean Society of Dance Teachers , Highly Commended Honors
- Coach of The University of Washington Ballroom and Latin Team 1998-1999
- Official Judge for USABDA Northwest Regionals 1999,2002
- Official Judge for USABDA Northwest Quest for The Best Competitions 2003,2004,2005,2006,2007,2008,2009, 2010, 2011,2012,2013,2014
- 2000 Approved Dance Instructor for Seattle School District, Dancesport
- Coach of 2000 & 2001 1st Place team in Dance BF DAY elem., Seattle School District Athletic Challenge, 72 teams competing, 1st place in dance
- Master of Ceremonies for The Oregon Fall Festival for 10 years.
- Master of Ceremonies for The Crystal Ball and Northwest Dance Extravaganza 19 years
- Official Judge at 2000 Pacific Northwest Lindy Hop Championships 2001,2003
- Master of Ceremonies for the Pacific Northwest Lindy Hop Championships 2001,2003
- My students placed in the Top five & Top 10 in 2001 Lindy Hop Championships!
- 8 time 1st Place Winner OPEN PRO/AM West Coast Swing, Crystal Ball, Northwest Dance Extravaganza, City of Roses, Holiday to Dance :with partners Kay Kinnish, Rick Jorgenson, Ramadan Zeinu, Brian McNatt, Joe Vasquez
- Dance Expertise- Paramount Theater 7/25/2008 Show producer and director,
- Employment: Avalon Ballroom 1985-1986 Arthur Murrays 1987- 1988 & 1990 DanceFactory 1988-1989, & 1991
Self Employed at Dancesport International since 1992 , Int Standard Training by original owners Stephen & Elizabeth Cullip
- The Verve Ballroom- Independent Instructor since 2012
Schools I have taught at: University of Washington, North Seattle Community College, Bush, Madrona, Overlake, B.F. Day, Nathan Hale, Ballard, Bear Creek, Lakeside, Seattle Pacific University, Cascade Christian, Shorewood, Renton High, Chief Sealth, St. Benedict's, St. Alphonsus, Shoreline Christian, St. Lukes, Eastlake, Redmond High
Some of the clubs I have taught or performed at: Harbor Club, WAC, Seattle Tennis Club, Columbia Tower Club, Seattle Golf Club, Lake City Elks, Everett Elks & Eagles, Ballard Eagles, Swedish Club, Tyee Yacht Club, Queen City Yacht Club, Seattle Yacht club, Mercer Island Shore Club, Argosy Cruises, Skansonia, Hollywood Schoolhouse, Salish Lodge, Safeco Field, Quest Events Center, Washington Dance Club.
My corporate client list includes: Microsoft, T-Mobile, Sonsational Events, Unigard, Solomon Events, Hart's Fitness, Seattle Athletic Club, Prudential Realty, Shea Homes, Seattle Times, The Westin
My private client list has included: University President, Assistant Chief of Police, Director & Professor of medicine at The UW, UW Senior Physicist, Super Lawyers, Vice President Investment Firm, Top Dentist, One of the TOP 50 most influential networking tycoons.
Dance Expertise, The Show
Produced & Directed by Shannon Knauss, Paramount Theater July 25, 2008
A showcase of Dance Experts, in Ballroom, Latin, Argentine Tango & Salsa.
7/27/2008 Hello Shannon! We are writing to say thank you once again, for involving us in your wonderful event at the Paramount. We really enjoyed the opportunity to work with you, as well as perform on such an amazing and historical stage, and hope that people enjoyed our performances as well. We really felt honored to be a part of an amazing cast of dancers in your show, and sincerely hope we get the opportunity to work with you again in the future. Please let us know if anything comes up! We do performances, lessons, as well as provide dj services. Wishing you much success, Somos El Son Dance Company, Kyoko Takahashi-Chavez
It was a pure delight to have you judge the NW Regional Championships. Thank you very much for your professional support and confidence in our chapter. It is a pleasure to work with you. Sincerely Yours, Irina Gitlin, USA Dance Portland Chapter # 1006
Dear Shannon, we so appreciate that you are able to participate on our adjudicating panel for the Quest for the Best . You do so much to promote dancing and its always great having you at our events. on behalf of Daryl, Michelle and the entire chapter, we appreciate your contribution. Sharon Wolf , President, USA Dance Washington
Seattle Times Article about Dancing : quote from Shannon http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19980213&slug=2734168
Special thanks to these awesome professionals most influential in my dancing and teaching:
- To Sheila Sloan, Your knowlege of dance endless and your technique timeless. Lessons with you affected me greatly.
- To Beth Knoll, thank you for teaching me the standard and for being a great friend!
- To Olga Forponava, thank you for expanding my creative thinking in smooth dancing, for being a great friend and for my wedding dress!
- To Buddy Schwimmer, thank you for my beginnings in West Coast Swing. You taught me so much about musicality and choreographing, it is in all of my dances.
- To Kerry Wilson, thank you for being a great examiner and teacher for my certifications!
- To my inspiring competition coaches, Thank you! Nadia Eftedal, Ron Montez, Rick Valenzuela, Melanie LaPatin, Debbie Avalos, Pierre Allaire & Mirelle Veillieux, Bob Powers & Julia Gorchakova, Janna Kunitz
- To Roger Yamut- Thank you for my teachers training for Zumba.
Special thanks owed to my past professional dance partners: Scot Board, John Yantis, Alex Samorano, Patrick Garcia, Dan Gibbons
Photos from 1990
Photos from 2004
Photos from 1989